Travel Journal Workshop
Create a Beautiful Record of Your Travels
Discover the world of travel journaling and create treasured memories of your adventures in an inspiring and supportive environment. Dust off those notebooks and journals you’ve been saving for ‘one day’. Dig out that box of tickets, maps and things collected on past trips. Let's organise your beautiful memories into a treasured journal.
This workshop is perfect for:
- Anyone who has a trip coming up they would like to keep a journal for, or
- Anyone who has been on a trip they want to remember.
- Simple techniques for setting up a travel journal
- Creative page layouts
- Tips for keeping organised, and
- Clear steps you can take to finish your journal!
Dust off those notebooks and journals you’ve been saving for ‘one day’, and dig out that box of tickets, maps and things collected on past trips. Let's organise your beautiful memories into a treasured journal.
Whether you want to finish a particular journal you’ve started or set yourself up for journaling success on your next adventure, this workshop is designed for you. No trip is too big or too small - Tamsien will share examples from weekend trips to country Victoria, epic multi-month international adventures, and everything in between.
We’ll provide you with a wide selection of supplies, so all you need to bring is your sense of adventure. The focus will be on collage journaling, combining written reflections with creative page spreads that reflect your experiences. Use a mixture of paper items, stamps and more to make creative collages to decorate your pages. You'll learn how to choose colour schemes, achieve visual balance, and see examples of different styles of journal for inspiration.
You’re welcome to bring any unfinished journals, or any paper ephemera with you (think photos/tickets/postcards/maps), and we can work on developing your creative idea together. Otherwise, if you don’t have a journal, we’ll supply you with all the materials you need to begin.
About the Teacher:
Tamsien West is an artist and creative journaling enthusiast. She has traveled widely, keeping collage journals of her adventures and writing about her favourite literary locations on Instagram as Babbling Books. Her travel journal videos have more than 100,000 views on YouTube and she's passionate about helping people to set themselves up for journaling success.
- How to design creative page layouts using a variety of techniques
- Strategies to keep you organised and motivated to complete your journal
- What to buy and where to find travel journaling ephemera and supplies
- A travel journal notebook to get you started
- An illustrated travel journaling essentials tip sheet
- Take home pack of mixed vintage and modern ephemera (book pages, stamps, maps etc) to get you started
- All materials will be provided to get you started, but if you have anything collected from past trips, or a special journal for an upcoming trip please bring them along.
All are welcome
Bookings are strictly not transferable to other dates. Please double check the date of the workshop before booking, cancellations will result in forfeit of payment.
Please note there are no refunds on classes and classes cannot be switched post booking. By purchasing this class you agree to these terms and conditions. However, if you’re unable to attend please feel free to send someone else in your place.
We often take photographs during our workshops to share through our instagram @thinkthornbury or with our community. Our photographs often contain your hands while you work but may also show your face. If you do not consent to have your (or your child's) photograph taken and shared on our social media platforms and/or website please let us know before the workshop begins.
You can send us an email prior to class email@example.com or just give us a heads up at the start of class.
We want to make sure you feel comfortable and at home in Think Thornbury!